How to clear Vestel The Sun 14MB03 CMOS?

nermain

Yoctopat
Katılım
4 Haziran 2023
Mesajlar
Daha fazla  
Cinsiyet
Erkek
Hello kardesler,

I got this old laptop that has the motherboard Vestel Digital "The Sun" 14MB03 (an old dual Core Turbo X with 2 GB RAM). Says its BIOS version is The Sun 0.06 11/10/2007, very old. But it's in decent quality so I wanted to install Linux on it but I was unsuccessful multiple times. I was in BIOS trying to find a setting for ACPI (which supposedly was the reason I wasn't able to install anything short of Windows XP, anyway other topic). I didn't find the setting and just chose "save settings" then "exit" respectively. But it froze, after about 15 minutes I just unplugged it and it turned out BIOS got bricked. I removed the CMOS battery but I wasn't able to find anything on the motherboard to reset it as well. So in short I just get black screen now. Any idea how CMOS gets reset on something like this or Turbo X Clevo etc. Vestel laptops? I read something about pressing Fn key and F2 or other buttons during powering up but nothing happens. Thanks in advance for your help. (Sorry if I broke any forum rules, I don't speak Turkish.)

Hello kardesler,

I got this old laptop that has the motherboard Vestel Digital "The Sun" 14MB03 (an old dual Core Turbo X with 2 GB RAM). Says its BIOS version is The Sun 0.06 11/10/2007, very old. But it's in decent quality so I wanted to install Linux on it but I was unsuccessful multiple times. I was in BIOS trying to find a setting for ACPI (which supposedly was the reason I wasn't able to install anything short of Windows XP, anyway other topic). I didn't find the setting and just chose "save settings" then "exit" respectively. But it froze, after about 15 minutes I just unplugged it and it turned out BIOS got bricked. I removed the CMOS battery but I wasn't able to find anything on the motherboard to reset it as well. So in short I just get black screen now. Any idea how CMOS gets reset on something like this or Turbo X Clevo etc. Vestel laptops? I read something about pressing Fn key and F2 or other buttons during powering up but nothing happens. Thanks in advance for your help. (Sorry if I broke any forum rules, I don't speak Turkish.)
Maybe you can wait a little bit longer while CMOS is removed.

Artı -2 Eksi

Yeni konular

Geri
Yukarı